The TED (Technology, Entertainment and Design) conferences are organised with the aim of sharing perceptions and ideas (Ideas Worth Spreading).
The theme, Perpetual [r]evolution, focuses mainly on the fact that the world evolves constantly, which means that we need to reinvent ourselves all the time. This year’s intervention helped the audience to better understand the ingredients needed to evolve properly. here are some of the topics seen during the TED talk :
- Did you know that 1/3 of CO2 emissions are caused by the way we eat? Eaternity educates us about the behavior to adopt in order to eat eco-responsibly.
- Gamification is the transition between game mechanism and other domains. Octalysis is a system invented by Yu-kai Chou, which unables you to understand each aspect needed to gamify a task to be done.
- How to manipulate change ? Ellen Hertz explains that in this consumer society, change and innovation are the 2 main dogmas. Here is a simple method to stimulate you when looking for a solution :
- Where does the idea come from ?
- How is the problem managed ?
- Does an alternative to this problem exist ?
- What are the pains and gains generated by the new solution ?
And to discover further topics, you can go on TED’s website.